Return to south dakota anxiety causes symptoms and treatments

It was a good stay in Hermosa but we heard that a wind storm was coming our way. So we left extra early on Wednesday morning. The winds were increasing but Doug was managing on the highway. nanoxia ncore retro aluminium We stopped for just a few minutes at a rest stop. The wind storm caught up with us. I almost couldn’t walk back to the RV and in minutes after we got back on the highway, we heard a loud slapping sound along our driver’s side roof.

There was no way to stop along the highway. Luckily there wasn’t much traffic. We crawled along the shoulder at ten miles per hour to the first turn off. We pulled into a KOA campground and I spoke to the owner. He was closing down the campground for the season and was busy trying to get the few remaining campers out of the park so he could leave too.

He directed us to a large dirt parking area not too far away.

We limped into the dirt lot where a cattle car, another big truck and a small Class C were already huddled there. hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy nursing care plan The wind was crazy – bad enough to rock our RV. Doug could see that the problem was the slide topper – a flap of awning material that serves as a cover to protect our slides when they are opened out. The arm that prevents it from unrolling in the wind must have come unscrewed in the wind.

Doug called Tiffin (our RV manufacturer) for advice and together they came up with a repair with a wire coat hanger that we thought would work. But no way could he climb up to the roof or use a ladder in that wind. So we hunkered down in the 1880 Town Parking Lot. generalized anxiety disorder dsm 5 criteria We were just across the street from a local historic attraction with a gas station and convenience store.

Just to complicate things a bit, our tire sensor beeped us a message that our car’s tire was leaking. hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy grade 3 We probably picked up a nail riding along the highway shoulder. Doug walked to the convenience store where he got directions to a place in the next town where he could get the tire changed. The wind and rain had mercifully died down just enough for us to unhitch and put the spare on. So Doug drove off to the town of Murdo. I stayed in the rocking RV trying to quell my anxiety by crocheting.

When he came back with a fixed tire we re-hitched in the rain and walked over to the convenience store. We spoke to the really nice owner who graciously told us not to worry about the No Overnight Parking – You Will Be Towed signs. He invited us to stay the night – free. We do meet the nicest people! We bought some snacks in the store, went back into the RV without opening the sides, ate junk food and spent a safe, cozy night in the dirt lot.

By morning, all the other RVs and trucks were gone and so was most of the wind and rain. anxiety disorder treatment I held the ladder; Doug made a secure repair and we were soon on our way again. We never made it to our reserved site in Kennebec but were instead on our way to Sioux Falls.

We traveled to Sioux Falls along I-90. Before we got there, we stopped at a rest stop in Chamberlain to see the Statue of Dignity – Of Earth and Sky. It is a beautiful fifty foot stainless steel sculpture by Dale Lamphere to honor the cultures of the Lakotas and Dakotas. It serves as a symbol of respect and promise for the future. It was installed to celebrate the 125 th anniversary of South Dakota’s statehood in 2016. It is beautiful, impressive and even has colored LED lights at night. Along the view of the Missouri River right behind Dignity is a Lewis and Clark marker detailing the construction of the Memorial Bridge spanning the river. gad anxiety test pdf Needless to say, it was one of the best rest stops we have been in.